/ Electromagnetic fields generated by frequencies of such devices are considered to be possibly carcinogenic to humans. One study found a 40% increase in the risk of brain cancer among users employing thirty minutes a day over a period of ten years. The World Health Organization (who) and the International Agency for research in Cancer (IARC) have linked the use of mobile phones with a possible risk of brain cancer in humans. Both organizations have said this Tuesday in Lyon (Southeast France) electromagnetic fields generated by frequencies of such devices are considered to be possibly carcinogenic to humans and therefore are classified in Category 2B. WHO and IARC based its decision of that classification in the evidence on the impact of these electromagnetic fields in the origin of gliomas, a malignant type of brain cancer. Although not quantified the risk, the WHO-IARC working group referred to a study, with data up to 2004, detected a 40% increase in the risk of glioma among the most frequent users of mobile, i.e. those who employed them average thirty minutes a day over a period of ten years.
However, he explained that the evidence of the risk of glioma and acoustic neuroma are limited to mobile users, which means that there is an association positive credible between exposure to the agent and cancer, but that other factors in the development of this can not be excluded. The head of the working group formed by the who and IARC, Jonathan Samet of the University of Southern California, said that the evidence gathered so far are solid enough () for the classification of the type 2B. Evidence limited carcinogenicity this category is one that the IARC uses to identify environmental factors that can increase the risk of cancer in humans and between the There are chemical substances, occupational exposures, and biological, and physical agents among others. Since 1971, the IARC has analyzed more than 900 agents, of which approximately 400 have been identified as carcinogenic or potentially carcinogenic to humans. Group 2B includes agents which have a limited carcinogenicity in humans and the 2A evidence those who are probably carcinogenic to humans. In the first group, 1?, the IARC includes agents for which has sufficient evidence that are carcinogenic to humans.
The conclusion of the working group which presented its results in Lyon is that there could be some risk and that, therefore, we must closely monitor the link between mobile phones and cancer risk, said Samet. Christopher Wild, IARC director, added that, given the potential consequences of these results, this classification for public health, it is important that investigation into more long-term intensive use of mobile. In the absence of such information, it is important to take pragmatic measures to reduce exposure to devices such as the handsfree or sending text messages, said Wild. Source of the news: who warns of the possible risk of brain cancer by the use of mobile
He has accused the company of violating several patents of iPhone and iPad. Apple is struggling with the largest manufacturer of Android-based devices that threaten their domain of smart phones and tablets. Apple has sued Samsung in Japan, accusing the Korean company violations of patents related to the iPhone and the iPad, according to Kyodo News Agency. If this has piqued your curiosity, check out Kaiser Family Foundation. The demand is the latest chapter in a series of battles for patents between the two companies. Headquartered in California Apple has filed a complaint at the Tokyo District Court for the suspension of the sales of the Samsung Galaxy phones in Japan. In addition, of Cupertino claim 100 million yen (918.514 euros) in damages, you have added Kyodo, citing sources familiar with the matter. The first hearing would be carried out Wednesday. For more clarity and thought, follow up with Source Financial and gain more knowledge.. With the battles of patents, Apple is fighting with the largest manufacturer of Android-based devices that threaten their domain of smart phones and tablets.
Last month, Samsung announced that it delayed the launch of its latest model of Galaxy tablet in Australia until after a court ruling at the end of September. Last week, a German court banned the sale of the Galaxy Tab 7.7. A spokesman for the Tokyo District Court, said he could not comment on pending cases.
Initially, the company had proposed that you affect 8,500 workers. The three-year plan will be voluntary. There are three bands of compensation: under the age of 53, from 53 to 61 years, and from 61 to 65. Telefonica of Spain will assume the total cost of the employment reduction record of the workers concerned, including unemployment and social security for their membership dues payment, so it has reduced the maximum number of employees within a period of three years from 6,500 to 8,500. Telefonica sources pointed out that to bear the full cost of the ERE, a portion of the funds that were earmarked for the reduction of employment must employ the payment of costs that normally assumes the State by what the most affected will be 6,500 fixed telephony, 20% of the template, the same number as announced initially.
The same sources pointed out that although they have no obligation to assume these costs, they understand that Telefonica is a company l for the Spanish economy. First meeting of the negotiations to link ERE to the collective agreement which is now negotiating in parallel, the validity of this would also at age three. The management of Telefonica and unions held this Tuesday the first meeting of the negotiation of the ERE whose memory was filed last Thursday with the Ministry of labour. According to sources from the trade unions, the address has raised a social plan of reduction of employment to three years for a maximum of 6,500 workers, voluntary, universal and non-discriminatory. Several groups plan envisages compensation for Strip workers age of 53 years wishing to adhere to the plan; Another Strip from 53 to 65 years who would charge a 34% 66% of salary and from 61 to 61 years since then could ask for early retirement, and a third strip of 61 to 65 years. UGT, which since it was discussed the possibility of Telefonica to assume the cost, was shown counteracts this possibility, pointed out at the meeting its total opposition to this measure as well as the proposal of the company. For his part CC OO which along with UGT is majority Union, pointed out in a press release that the social plan delivered by Telefonica does not correspond to the presented memory last week by what must be removed and present a new and which confirms that the initial plan not assumed nor consensus nor a request from trade unions.
He accuses Telefonica of improvisation and says that she is not aware that plays with the expectations of the template. ERE with fewer benefits, according to CC OO CC OO defends that the cost of the ERE is being funded with public money but that the fact that Telefonica paid entirely cannot mean a cut in the provision or a change in conditions. He says that according to the approaches of this Tuesday, the ERE would be lower benefits than the previous ones of past years. ERE negotiations resume next Tuesday and the negotiators have 30 days to reach an agreement. Telefonica sources stressed the intention of the operator to continue to invest in the sector in Spain and recalled that in 2010 its investments accounted for 40% made by the entire sector, with an increase of 4% on the previous year. Source of the news: Telefonica will assume the total cost of the ERE, which will cut 6,500 workers